Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, May 28, 2010

A gift that touched my heart


Four of my "little friends" surprised me with a very special Christmas gift, purchasing a bedkit for a child in Belgaum, India through Sleeping Children around the world.

I was thrilled to know that these four little girls (thanks to their terrific moms) already know the importance of helping others.

The photo shows 1 bedkit that each of the children will be receiving. 4000 children in total received bedkits via the SCAW kit distribution in Belgaum. AMAZING!

The sign in front of "my child" reads: Erin Truax - Christmas 2009 -From Ava, Kyla, Emma and Janessa.

Each bedkit includes a:
towel, sheet, mat/carpet, mosquito net, blankets, cap, water bottle, bowl, plate, glass, raincoat, pillow, pillow cover, school bag, sweater, flip flops, stationery, slate, slate pencil, clothes and a packing bag.

I was so touched when I received the photo in the mail. It was a complete surprise and after reading through the newsletter that accompanies the photo, I was truly moved.

What an excellent gift!

Thank you to my little gift giving friends who not only put a smile on my face, but also one on the face of a little person in Belgaum.

To learn more about Sleeping Children Around the World, visit www.scaw.org

Still smiling -
The Gift Geek

1 comment:

  1. I remember receiving these pics when one of the Silver Bullet groups @ Coach donated to them. 10 pics with 10 kids in each. It is such a good idea - the charity and the pics!

    ReplyDelete