Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Proud to be a Torontonian!

When I came across this excellent piece of art from Ork Posters, I just had to get it. It was ordered today and I can't wait to have it framed and hung in my condo. For only $22 USD - poster ( 30" x 24")or $27 USD- screen print (30" x 24") you can get one of these awesome typography art posters of your favourite city:

POSTERS - White and black OR blue and green (below)

Screen Prints - Brown and Yellow or Red and White (below)



I learned about this company when The Toronto Star featured a Toronto artist creates similar art of Toronto neighbourhoods using words. Dave Murray sells his typography art of three Toronto neighbourhoods through his online store.

The three neighbourhoods are: Kensington Market, The Ossington Strip and Queen West & Parkdale.

The posters are printed on Japanese hemp paper and are 100% acid-free and lightfast - 21" x 31" in size. Posters are between $40-$50 Canadian dollars and there are three colour options.


Dave Murray is starting on Leslieville next, according to the Star article.

Although I believe in supporting local artists, I don't have a connection to any of the areas featured in Dave's art, so I purchased from orkposters.com. In saying this,I do look forward to seeing the neighbourhoods Dave will feature in the future.

Keep your gifts unique -
The Gift Geek

1 comment:

  1. My friend Jeff let me know that he has the blue and green poster up in his home and he loves it.

    University journalism pal Jason also loves these posters and let me know he is getting one. For the price, who wouldn't?

    Thanks for reading Jeff and Jason!

    ReplyDelete